Sunday, April 18, 2010

If some is good, more is better...

As if I don't bake enough as it is, I just can't resist a wonderful baking day with Mollie! The motto of this baking day was, "if some is good... more is better!" I think we should consider changing this to our permanent motto because it is SO TRUE to us!


Baking day list... where the fun begins!

Pretty much the best ice cream cake ever! The recipe just said to cover the cake, but that was simply not acceptable. Mollie says this is the difference between just making it and "caking it pretty!"

Sooooo good!


Some of the mess--we have finally learned to clean as we go (we missed Beth cleaning up after us since this was the first baking day in Mollie's house!)



Yes people, that is ONE POUND of chocolate!

...add more chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and you have a pretty tasty cookie : )

These next few are for you, Gran.



"WHYYYY?" The perfect depiction of our confusion as to why flour is packaged this way... always makes a mess!


Strawberry cupcakes!

Before the lemon bars....

...and after!

Just taking a break from cleaning up : )


A very successful baking day! No real egg-cidents (just almost)!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of my pretty bakers and their pretty goodies! I have eaten a chocolate cookie and a strawberry cupcake so far and both were soooo good! On to the lemon bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed a great way to break in Mollie's new kitchen. I was so glad to check in on you two late in the process. AND, I know you both missed my cleaning skills. :)
    The best discovery was the new killer cookie. And remember, that is from someone who doesn't really like chocolate. Wow! YUMBO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gran... I'm glad you liked your goodies! Enjoy your lemon bars and mints at book club tomorrow.
    Beth--it was great to see you for a few hours. I wish I could see you at the beach all next week : ( We are on the same page with the chocolate cookies!

    ReplyDelete