Friday, April 30, 2010

"Church Lady"


Back to Cake it Pretty...

This cake was for a wedding shower and, of course, was strawberry and vanilla to match the decorated colors. This cake has a unique story behind it--here it goes...

A few weeks ago at church, I was talking to a friend about a cake I am making for her and Melinda ("church lady") overheard us talking. She turned around and introduced herself and started asking about my cakes. Not surprisingly, I was THRILLED! At the end of our conversation I gave her the link to my blog. A few days later I received the sweetest email from her--titled church lady--and she requested a cake! Thanks for making my day, Melinda!

5 comments:

  1. The bike polo cake was scary, but I did love the little bicycles! I have never heard of bike polo. I'm glad to see the pretty in pink shower cake. It is very beautiful...I think the "church lady" will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie beat me to the punch! I love the church lady cake -- more my style. The bike polo cake is a little tough for me--but it looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Melinda, AKA - the "church lady" and I had the pleasure of picking up that beatiful cake from Meghan today. Meghan came up with the design and I just loved it! I'm having to fight off the urge to not cut into it until the shower tomorrow, and believe me it's been a struggle.

    Thanks Meghan, you're a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie and Gran!!!

    Melinda--I am so glad I got to see you again and make this cake for you! Hope it went over well at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meghan, I'm Melinda's sister-in-law,Vicki...The cake was a perfect bridal shower cake for my soon to be wonderful daughter-in-law. It was as sooo beautiful and tasted as great as it looked. Thank-You so much for helping make the shower a special day for all of us.

    ReplyDelete