Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wedding Cake Sampling with Shaina and Joshua!

I recently realized that I have at least one cake every weekend for the next two months... I am so EXCITED! (and already kinda tired... ha ha) The grand finale of this stretch of cakes will be Shaina and Joshua's wedding cake on May 29th--a very scary and fantastic thought all in one!

Today was very gloomy, dark and rainy around here so what better to do than sample wedding cake recipes?! Not many things in my book. Shaina and Joshua and both so sweet and I loved hanging out with them for a while today. They mentioned that they really liked key lime cake so I made a small key lime and two small traditional wedding cake recipes for them to choose from. I didn't spend much time on decorating them, but wanted them to not be so plain--so here is what they sampled...
They picked the cake with the bow on it (known as cake #1) and the cake with the heart (key lime) to alternate between the tiers. Joshua scored major points with me by being an icing lover---more specifically of my icing : ) Can't wait for the end of May to see how this cake turns out... 62 days!!!

Be sure to check out my blog in the next few weeks... I will have a new one this Wednesday and then they will just keep coming!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I bet they are delicious! I'm sure the wedding cake will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how beautiful you will make their cake. Key lime sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bows are always one of my favorites. And I would definitely want a piece of Key Lime. Yum! Don't forget you may be making a giant sushi cake for Brad's groom cake. Mark your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    Beth--They really liked the key lime (it is yummy, I made little cupcake for my own sampling--couldn't be left out of the fun!) Also, is that serious or a joke? Still funfetti? hahaha

    ReplyDelete