Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bicycle with Fruit


The person I made this cake for didn't want me to use food coloring so I was able to think out of the box a bit. Even though I wasn't able to include many details, I am a big fan of having the fruit be the coloring for the handle bars and red "metal" of the bike.



This was a peanut butter cake with vanilla and chocolate icing (and strawberries and blueberries, of course). When I was talking about peanut butter cake at work, I had everyone jealous that the cake wasn't for them. I got the recipe from Gran... so it will definitely be tasty!

3 comments:

  1. Great cake...and the fruit was a wonderful idea. I love the way you write about them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake and it looks so fresh and spring-like on this first day of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie... Gran said the same thing. She said it sounds like I am talking to her about them : )

    Thanks Gran. I can't wait to hear about how much they liked the peanut butter cake! I will call you tomorrow. I know better than to call when it is almost game time!!! ha ha Cheer hard--GO CATS!

    ReplyDelete