Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jennifer is going to the White House!

Dr. Jennifer Swanberg, Executive Director of iwin, was one of 20 researchers invited to a Forum on March 31st to discuss Workplace Flexibility at the White House with President Obama and the First Lady. This is such an honor and great opportunity that a celebration was a MUST! Check out the press release here.

Around 5:45 yesterday, Lee Ann jokingly suggested I make a cake for today. As soon as I turned around she said "Oh no, I can tell from the look in your eye you are actually thinking about it." Caught up in the excitement, of course I agreed to make it. As we quickly sorted out the details of the cake (before Jennifer came in) Lee Ann admitted that while it started as a joke, part of her really wanted it to happen! As for me... I have an automatic attraction to anything involving cake!

"Innovation Diva" has become a standing joke at work that came about when thinking of new titles for positions. This title is always fun to use because not one aspect of Jennifer's personality reflects being a diva.


So in honor of your accomplishments, Jennifer (Innovation Diva), we all say CONGRATS! You deserve it and we know you will shine!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really big deal!! :)
    The cake is most appropriate for such a grand occasion. Go, Jennifer, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, I just got your text from last night so I checked out the White House cake! What a great idea! I hope Jennifer has a successful meeting with the Obamas (how exciting is that?!!!). You even got to partake in the celebration and eat some of your own creation!!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete