Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring!!!


Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing! This cake was for Mrs. Hancock, the teacher Morgan is student teaching with. Ahhh, the perfect picture of Spring!!

This cake went in the oven at 6:20 this morning : O Wednesdays are my busy day because after work I babysit from 5:30-9. The only way to fit it all in and have it be as fresh as possible was to get up at "teacher time" (going off of Morgan's schedule) and make the cake. Despite being tired during both the baking and decorating stage, I really like the way it turned out!!!

I could get used to making cakes with my own designs... : )


Only 2 more days until it is officially Spring... I am beyond excited!

4 comments:

  1. Meghan, this cake is beautiful, and I bet it taste as good as it looks! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,
    I am loving your blog! This cake is also done in the colors of Mardi Gras and is very festive.
    This is from Gran - just couldn't get another profile to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie... I bet it was yummy--too bad I couldn't eat it.
    Thanks Gran! I'll keep posting.
    I can always count on you to comment, thanks Mollie!

    ReplyDelete