Sunday, May 1, 2011

Showering Mollie!!!

The beautiful bride-to-be "wearing" her dress cake!

Such a pretty cake display!

Now for the story behind the making of this cake...
It was all I could do to keep the design of the cake a secret from Mollie, much less during the actual process. Every time she left the house yesterday she had to call before she came in to see if I was working on her cake or another cake. This was working out nicely until she had to run something in and I said "DO NOT LOOK IN THE KITCHEN!" Of course, she had to sneak a peak. I didn't know she had seen anything until today at the shower. The only part she saw was the top of the dress when it had just been covered in fondant (nothing decorative added to it). She instantly was concerned and told Beth she thought I was making a "tooth" for her cake! She said, "maybe for a birthday cake, but not for my shower!" I was thrilled to find out today that she had to think it was a tooth all day... serves her right for peaking ; ) Love you Mollie!

Ready for a close up!

The balloon matched the invitations perfectly!


Of course I had to add pink "M's" to the chocolate covered strawberries!

Yummy food table!!!

How cool are these water beads with lights underneath?!!! Thanks so much, Terri!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie HabermehlMay 2, 2011 at 8:50 AM

    OMG! All of these cakes turned out beautiful. I don't know how you did it!??? Beautiful shower too! Now...get some SLEEP! Oh, I forgot, FINALS. **** Good luck. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,
    What a busy girl you have been! Every cake is simply a creation and each one looks as if it were the only one you were making. YOU ARE GOOD!
    Now get some sleep....

    ReplyDelete