Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Mollie!!!

The pretty birthday girl and the cake after her "Brickyard Birthday"!!!

This cake has an interesting story... somehow I was able to keep it a surprise! Since I live with Mollie, I knew I couldn't make the cake at the house because she would know if chocolate cake was in the oven. After church on Wednesday, I baked and iced the cake at Alex's house but with the storms, I wanted to decorate it at Mollie's.
So.. with it being after 9:00 (Mollie's ideal bedtime) I figured the coast was clear to go back and decorate. Well, the surprise was on me at this point because Mollie was STILL awake! Over the next two hours I kept reminding her how late it was and telling her how surprised I was she was still awake. Although she was half asleep with Madeline on the couch, she didn't go to bed until 11. I waited until about 11:15 to make sure she didn't come back downstairs and then began dying and decorating!

Even though I was up LATE, it was definitely worth it to surprise Mollie. She thought Beth had gotten a DQ cake for her birthday (thanks for playing along and being quick to make something up, Beth!)

3 layers of chocolate!!!

Me with the lovely birthday girl! : ) Another late night... Mollie--I'm very proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment