Saturday, August 14, 2010

I love surprises (especially when they involve cake)!!!

Friday was my last day at iwin before I move in with Mollie and start grad school at WKU. I loved everyone I worked with so very much before this, but even more now. They surprised me at our "Retreat" on Wednesday with a celebration complete with a cake they made just for me : ) This idea started a few weeks ago when Jennifer asked me who was going to make my going-away cake and then she said well I guess I will try to do it. I responded that I would hold her to it, but I had no clue they would make it to such an extreme. It was fabulous!

The Process:
Cassie and Abbie are ready for the festivities!

Jess in total planning/concentration mode... complete with the apron : )

Just a little sampling... Laura and Jennifer had to make sure it tasted good.

Icing the cakes!


Oh, hi Eleanor! I will miss you at the office, too!

Let the fondant dying begin...

Adding the blue color...

And adding more... and more... and more (or so I'm told!)

Time to roll it out

Ta da! Cake one (tangerine) is complete! It was a magician hat because that's what everyone at work calls me : ) It was PERFECT! The star in the middle is like the iwin starburst from the logo. The bow at the top was made specifically for me because I always wear headbands with bows... could this get any better?

... I think it can. This is the second cake they made for me and it was strawberry. It is a Jack to go along with the magician theme. They chose to use a Jack because I am the "Jack of all trades!" HOW CUTE!!!!!


The cake and celebration were a total surprise to me at the end of the day. I knew something was up the day before because Lynn brought in a mysterious green bag and put it by Jess' desk in the office. I thought people were putting things in it all day but then I changed my mind because I am ALWAYS the one to know what was going on. It wasn't until after it all happened that I put everything together. I could tell something was up on Wednesday morning (there were a few mysterious glances and whispers) but I had no clue what it was.

I went to the kitchen to talk to Lisa while they got everything set up. I was then blindfolded (but ended up just closing my eyes because I could see through the toule) and led into the living room by Jennifer.


Blindfold was removed and all eyes were on me--and my eyes were on the cake! I was AMAZED, IMPRESSED, THRILLED, EXCITED (I don't even know what words to use). They made me feel so loved and I am so grateful for their thought and effort.


I have to say it again... IT WAS PERFECT! Thank you all soooooo much! I loved hearing what they had to say about the process and caking in general. It was great!

It was weird to cut the cake... I am not used to being able to eat the cake.


I love you all so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see how much you were appreciated at win. They will miss you as much as you will miss them. You were lucky to find such a great crew to work with.........and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know you worked at iwin, not win. Oh well, it's the same thing......

    ReplyDelete