Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rock the Earth


This cake was for Lauren's (someone I work with at iwin) boyfriend. He is part of an organization called Rock the Earth. From what Lauren said, they are an environmental organization that goes to music festivals to spread the message "defending the Earth one beat at a time."


The Earth is actually a music note : ) Notice the "C" on the drums for Chad! I was glad to hear from Lauren last night that she had made it to Louisville safety and the cake had not "collapsed." She had a dream that when she opened it, it had collapsed and when she called me I said, "Don't worry I'm on my way." When I showed up I had two cakes to choose from but they had also both collapsed. I'm so glad this was just a dream!!!


This cake was a complete surprise. She was worried he would be suspicious so she brought in a cookie cake first as a decoy--this is probably my favorite aspect of the cake : ) Very sneaky...


In an effort to continue on her track of being "the best girlfriend ever" (Lauren's words) she also got her friend Mike to paint an abstract painting of all of Chad's favorite things!
Check out Mike's amazing art here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this cake and the message that Chad is spreading. Good job to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cake and its whole story....Chad sounds like somebody I would like.
    Love you.....

    ReplyDelete