Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wedding Cake Fun!

Let the wedding caking begin....

Amazingly, I managed to not have any "egg-cidents"..... Mollie--I know you are proud!

The layers were alternating key lime cake and white wedding cake : )

The mess begins....

....and continues! I did much more damage by myself this weekend than Mollie and I have ever done on a baking day.
Lee Ann--thanks for letting me use your mixer, I'd still be working on it! You may want to give it a break for a while... I worked it pretty hard : )

Stage 1! This is when I first realized that it would get finished.

Stage 2! (A very simplified Stage 2... still rough around the bottoms)

Ready for the VERY HOT car ride. Morgan is the absolute greatest cake driver ever and even though it makes her nervous, she helps me out tremendously by doing it. Relief is an understatement for how we felt when the cakes returned to air conditioning this afternoon!

TA DA! Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome for the first time.... Shaina and Joshua's wedding cake : )

With the pretty bridesmaids flowers.

Gorgeous cake for the gorgeous bride and groom.

Celebrating with 275 guests requires lots (and lots) of cake. There were also two sheet cakes!

Expressing my deep love for my first wedding cake!!!

With the love birds. Congrats Shaina and Joshua! Shaina--your expression to me after seeing the cake was priceless, I am so glad it was everything you imagined!

Someone has to cut it...

In the process of cutting the bottom layer. The best compliment that I got about the cake all day was seeing people come back for another piece--that's what counts!

While it turned out to be a much bigger undertaking than I had first thought, I wouldn't have changed one thing about it. I loved being able to make your cake, Shaina and Joshua, THANK YOU so much for letting me.

9 comments:

  1. first of all... im glad to hear there were no egg-cidents!!!! there were sooo many eggs!!! second of all i'm glad that mess wasnt my kitchen (ha ha...im sure you cleaned up very well) and third of all... IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! :) :) :) ITS AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not at all surprised by how gorgeous the cake turned out, but am relieved that it is over for you. I know how proud you must be. I am very proud of you. It is a truly beautiful creation-it's a masterpiece!!!!!

    PS: You looked beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie--Having no egg-cidents helped the clean up go more smoothly! Your kitchen may be seeing a "Meghan mess" in a couple weeks : ) Thank you so much!!!

    Beth--I would have loved to have had your assistance in cleaning up that mess ha ha Thanks for giving me a break on Friday... I hope I calmed you (and Gran) down with the nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply....AMAZING! It is beautiful! Perfect, but I knew it would be because that's how you do things...perfectly...always. Masterpiece. The cake maestro!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debbie! I will gladly accept the title of cake maestro any day : ) It was good to see you for a few seconds last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick, I'm not going to lie... when Morgan said you commented I got a little nervous ha ha BUT I love that you think the cake is cake-tastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cake is sooooo gorgeous that it looks like you had Martha Stewart in your kitchen! I love how it is both simplistic and very fancy with the curliques. You are a great artist! I HAD TO BE THE SEVENTH COMMENTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gran... I know it was killing you to see all the comments before yours but I got to see your reaction in person, so you win : ) Didn't I tell you, Martha Stewart was my sous chef! I'll be sure to let you know right when I post the next one so you can be the first to comment!

    ReplyDelete